Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Beach-Glass Strands

Today, I started listing my collection of sea-glass or beach-glass necklace strands. More will be added during the week.They were not found at the beach, but are vintage African trade beads from Kenya. My picker is from Kenya and he goes every so often and brings back beads and indigo fabrics the are all vintage, hand made and beautiful with rich natural dyes.

The beads originated in Italy and were traded for goods for centuries. The beads are 50 to 200 years old. You can wear them or display them in your home. I have a big wooden bowl filled with them.

You can find them in my Etsy shop are in my One Kings Lane shop where they sell out within a few hours of listing. Very popular item, but hard for me to get. I work to find the rarest, most prized colored of beads in the largest size possible.





No comments: